Tuesday, March 30, 2010

12 wks

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his/her toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and mouth will make sucking movements. (The book also says that if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it.) His/her intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and the kidneys will begin excreting urine into the bladder. Nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His/her face looks unquestionably human: His/her eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, my baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Me this week...
I'm so excited that we are soon closing the first trimester and we go to the doctor on MONDAY!!!! My uterus is now in the lower part of my stomach which should slow down the potty breaks for a while. Still looking plump instead of pregnant however when I woke up Saturday morning I could tell a difference. Someone told me that it may seem to happen overnight and I believe it did! My clothes are still a little uncomfortable but I've only worn one pair of maternity pants...and I was pulling on them all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment