Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I have so many things to be thankful for at this time in my life. I am forever grateful. I truly have an amazing husband, awesome family and fabulous friends.
Yesterday I was feeling a little blah and had some time to kill before meeting Lizzie for dinner (which was great) so I went to my cousins house. I called earlier and told them I was coming. When I got there they had a pillow and blanket on the couch for me to rest! They are really just sooo good to me. (just the little things they do)I knew that when I started working in Orangeburg that I would get to see them a lot more. I have lunch with them (most of the time it's just Lisa and the girls) at least once a week. They always pamper me and are just so sweet. I really am glad that my cousin was able to marry such a wonderful person. She's an amazing mom to two beautiful twin girls, a great wife (from what I see anyways :) haha I know you're reading this Lisa) and a wonderful friend to me. We've gotten so close over the past year and I don't know what I would do without her. (Don't mean to toot your horn Lisa)

Thursdays are always my favorite day at work. Our cleaning lady (who is 82!!!) comes every Thursday. She always seems to brighten my day. She always brings me something (that's not what I love about her though) whether it's breakfast or a snack, all sorts of things. Today she brought me flowers that she cut out of her yard. She's always telling me new recipes. Not new to her of course but new to me. I try to do special things for her as well. Some "different" things that I cook or fresh vegetables or fruit in the summer, or even simply buy her lunch when I'm taking her home. She always tells me how beautiful I am and how much she loves me. She is just so full of life. I hope that when I'm 82 that I can still get around like her!
I thank God everyday for these people and blessings everyday.
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment