Today is Mom's 53rd birthday. We had supper at their house to celebrate. Dad made a delicious meal of prime rib, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. Aunt Suzie brought salad and I brought carrot cake (Mom's request). Daddy got everything done with the help of Turner and Cole (no school today). At some point in the day Dad and Turner got into an argument about bobbing for apples. Dad said Turner couldn't do it b/c he presently has no front teeth. Turner said he was going to prove him wrong that he could "cobb for apples" and it was a bet! Of course when it comes to money Turner is going to try his darndest to prove you wrong. Cole cheating... Watching the silly boys... We only had a 2, 7 and 0 candle wise so we decided 70 was best :) How sweet! Cole was so excited that it had a carrot on it and HAD to have it. When we asked what it tasted like he looked at us like we were crazy and said "a carrot" too funny!Duke and his boys after the "cobbin" contest Grandma and her boys after the contest...they both managed to get soaking wet and were stripping during the pictures. I know 10 years from now they will hate me for these pictures but I love them!Hope you had a great birthday Grandma! We had fun!!
I'm loving that it is Wednesday. It has been a crazy busy week at work (hence the lack of blogging time :)).
I'm loving this gorgeous weather and wish it wouldn't tease us. We all know that it is not here to stay. Still a little too early. (I always say that the beginning of baseball season is colder than the whole football season.)
I'm loving my little chunky monkey's personality. He has been doing the funniest things lately..and the faces! I can't seem to catch them on camera but they are hilarious. He has started this new thing with his lips..it almost looks like he is doing fish lips.
I'm loving that we get to keep Turner and Cole for a little while this evening. We haven't had them since the summer. W/ D arriving and then cold season we felt it was best but very excited to spend some time with them now :)
I'm loving the possibility of a shopping trip in the near future. My closet is hurting for some newbies.
Lastly I'm loving my little family! They make me so happy!
Today I'm linking up with Carissa for Miscellany Monday.
1. Saturday Ashley and I went and saw Just Go With It and it did not disappoint. I'm a fan of Adam Sandler and you throw in Jennifer Aniston and well we all know it's just set for greatness.
2. Today at lunch was operation rape Wal Mart and Walgreen's. I did good but was slightly disappointed with WalMart. They didn't have a few things that were on sale and on a few items they weren't listed on sale as they said online. (ahemm) However, I still managed to get a Gillette Fusion razor, Nieva chapstick, tampons, Goody's ouchless hair ties, two packs of Orbit gum, two travel size Aquafresh toothpaste, Philadelphia cooking creme and herbal essence moose for $15 after coupons and register rewards. I still have $3 in register rewards that expire tomorrow (I forgot to use them) so I will be going back either today or tomorrow and getting something else so that I don't lose them. Woo Hoo for couponing :) I'm slowly learning!
3. If I don't get my house organized soon I'm going to lose it. Hubs thinks I'm ridiculous but it is seriously driving me CRAZY. We are talking nut-house crazy. D's closet, the guest room and my kitchen cabinets are out of control. I think I will start in D's room tonight.
4. Baby D has become slightly obsessed with big sis Foxie Roxie. Now that he knows how to work his hands, when she is close enough he is holding on to her ears or poking her poor eyeballs. And of course sweet baby girl just sits there and takes it. I can't wait to see them as he gets older. I know that she will have a new love for him once he starts eating "real" food and begins sharing with her.
Happy Monday..can't wait for The Bachelor tonight :)
Here is the past week in pictures... Davis' sweet Valentine's Him trying sweet potatoes (wearing his heart breaker Valentine's onesie) Some recent purchases...the sad thing this is half of the stuff I have bought lately... Love Bug in the hospital... Mommy and Boogie in the crib... He has never done this before but was snuggling with a little puppy blankie Trying to sit up like a big boy Waiting to be DISCHARGED (Valentine's Day)!!!Our first walk in the warm weather...come on Spring!!! AND my baby boy's first time sitting in the stroller without the car seat....too big for his britches! (Although we are bundled up b/c the sun was going down and we didn't want to risk D getting sicker.D in his Jumperoo focusing on that dang ginormous singing balloon..Lastly, yummy red velvet cake balls that I made for lover boy for vday :)
We're home! We were finally able to come home from the hospital on Monday. I have never been so scared in my life. I know to some who are struggling through more difficult times it may sound a bit silly. I tried to remain strong. However, Friday night after everyone had left the hospital and it was just me, BJ and love bug I. Lost. It. I just wanted to take his hurt away. He was so pitiful hooked up to iv's and the breathing treatment machine. I would have done anything for it to have been me and not him. That being said. Friday night was rough. BJ ended up having to go home (he was sick too), leaving me with D by myself. Every time we would get comfortable another nurse was coming in to mess with him. His fever was rising and we were both crying. We just wanted to get some rest but that was impossible. Saturday he started feeling much better! He had tons of visitors and his Grandma bought him the coolest balloon. It was HUGE and sung "Don't Worry Be Happy" and said Get Well. He is still staring at that thing! Sunday he was finally able to start back drinking some formula and his fever went down so Monday they let us come home. Needless to say we will never forget our first Valentine's weekend with our little man. Monday was a great day we just snuggled and napped all day. It was great to spend the day with my two guys. I feel so fortunate to be able to share my life with them. After being out of work for a week I am slammed! Just wanted to give a quick update and let you all know that he is home and doing much better. Thanks for your prayers!
Please say a little prayer for our sweet boy. He was diagnosed with RSV on Thursday, today due to worsen symptoms we have been admitted to the hospital. We just found out that he has pneumonia. Please Please Please keep us in your prayers. He is so pitiful.
Thank the good Lord we are half way through the week. I'm linking up with Jamie for what I'm loving Wednesday.
I'm loving that a dear friend and old co-worker is teaching me to coupon. Yesterday I went to Walgreen's and got hand sanitizer, body wash, a Venus Embrace razor and Charmin toilet paper for $22.00 and here is the kicker, they gave me $11 to spend next week. So it's like getting all of that for $11.00. I'm going to be a couponin' sonovagun ;)
I'm loving that this weekend one of my college roommates from Ohio is coming south and we are getting together. I can't wait to see her sweet babies (She has 3 under the age of 3, Ethan who will be 3 in May and Carlie and Saige (twin girls) who will be 1 in May..holy moly bless her heart).
I'm loving that Kelly's post Monday reminded me that I bought some dry shampoo while I was on maternity leave and never really got around to using it. I tried it once in a hurry but threw my hair up in a ponytail almost immediately due to the hustle and bustle. This morning I tried it and used some scrunching spray afterward and vavoom. And b/c of this little time saving tip I made it to work on time for a change...not early, just on time.
I'm loving that ever since baby love graced us with his presence I've felt all festive around the holidays. I created some absolutely adorable cards (and even some cute return address labels) and mailed to some of his friends. I'm also hoping to get to make these this weekend for D's daycare workers and maybe some for hubby to take to work. They look really easy and yum-o and with my couponing skills I'll get the stuff for nearly nothing!
Lastly, I'm loving that God chose me to be Mrs. Ehrhardt and Davis' mommy. Oh and of course I'm thankful for all of my wonderful blog friends :)
1. Davis has tried pears and peas so far. After the initial shock of the pears I think he decided that he likes them. By the third day of eating them they were going down with no problem. Now the peas on the other hand...he's not a big fan. He makes the funniest faces and his whole body shakes like he's trying to tell us man that's gross! 2. We had a great weekend with friends and Davis got lots of sugar. 3. Davis has also mastered "flirting". It is the absolute funniest thing ever. He bats his pretty eyelashes and sticks his tongue and just giggles. There was a group of young girls sitting behind us in church yesterday and he flirting like crazy and they were just a laughing at him. I told him he should stop before he got them in trouble...it's a little too early for that :) 4. I got some adorable stuff in the mail today! I can't wait to show yall but you'll have to wait a tad bit longer! And lastly, 5. Michelle on the bachelor is a total whack job!
A year ago today was one of the happiest days of my life. It was the end to the dreaded "trying to conceive" process. Although to us it felt like it took forever to many it wasn't so long. It was the day that we saw TWO lines (and we did 8 times over a few days b/c hubs wanted to "be sure"). Words can't express the joy that was felt at 4:00 that morning! (Never in a million years would I have thought I could be that happy that early in the morning.) I always knew that I wanted children and I always knew that it would be amazing. I. HAD. NO. CLUE. It is so much fun. He is such a joy to be around and always makes me smile. I may not like getting up bright and early on my days off but when I walk into his room and he smiles at me the aggravation goes away. He makes BJ and I so happy. So today, I thank God for that day I saw two lines.
Three years ago, February 2, 2008, loverboy asked me to be his wife. I was so surprised, as it was just a normal day. I remember it like it was yesterday when he turned to me and popped the big question. I, of course, was a blubbering mess. My parents thought we had been in an accident when I called them b/c I could barely talk. Such excitement! I wouldn't have imagined in my wildest days we would be where we are today. I always knew I wanted to have his babies (HA) but I never knew we would love that little fella as much as we do. Or that he would look like his daddy spit him out. Here's to our future and growing old and grey together :) Here's a look at some of our engagement pics...oh to fit in those jeans again...
So here is my first effort at "going green". Hubs has been on me pretty hard about my water drinking habit. Not because I'm drinking water but b/c I don't reuse the water bottles and by that I (along with a million others) am killing the environment. And I try to drink 5 a day! That's a lot of water bottles. So after listening to him fuss and moan, I'm going to try. I bought him one of those cool(it's got a skull and cross bones) new water bottles for the gym and I decided to support my gamecocks with my big cup at work. But, after the ice has melted, there will be no more refills. So maybe I'll be drinking 1-2 bottles a day. We'll see if I can do better than that.
I'm a wifey to a handsome hubby and a new mama to a sweet baby boy! We live in a small town in SC and couldn't love it more. I'm a lover of all things smocked and monogrammed. God has blessed me with a beautiful and healthy family and I am forever grateful.