Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This Mama = Basket Case

We're home! We were finally able to come home from the hospital on Monday. I have never been so scared in my life. I know to some who are struggling through more difficult times it may sound a bit silly. I tried to remain strong. However, Friday night after everyone had left the hospital and it was just me, BJ and love bug I. Lost. It. I just wanted to take his hurt away. He was so pitiful hooked up to iv's and the breathing treatment machine. I would have done anything for it to have been me and not him. That being said. Friday night was rough. BJ ended up having to go home (he was sick too), leaving me with D by myself. Every time we would get comfortable another nurse was coming in to mess with him. His fever was rising and we were both crying. We just wanted to get some rest but that was impossible. Saturday he started feeling much better! He had tons of visitors and his Grandma bought him the coolest balloon. It was HUGE and sung "Don't Worry Be Happy" and said Get Well. He is still staring at that thing! Sunday he was finally able to start back drinking some formula and his fever went down so Monday they let us come home.
Needless to say we will never forget our first Valentine's weekend with our little man. Monday was a great day we just snuggled and napped all day. It was great to spend the day with my two guys. I feel so fortunate to be able to share my life with them.
After being out of work for a week I am slammed! Just wanted to give a quick update and let you all know that he is home and doing much better.
Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. So glad he's all better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had to go through that! I can't imagine! I prayed for you guys like CRAZY everytime I thought about you. My heart was just breaking! SOOOO glad he is home! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete