Tuesday, March 16, 2010

10 wks

Baby E is striding through week 10 :)
This week baby E is the size of a prune or a kumquat, a little over an inch long and weighs .14 oz. (Geez that's tiny) Baby has now completed the most critical portion of his/her development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature. She/He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout the pregnancy. Tiny nails are forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin. Also, baby's limbs can bend now. In the next couple weeks baby E will double in size...yowzers

Changes in me this week...I still don't look preggers just look like I've gained a few lbs. My uterus is the size of a grapefruit and my "mid-section" is rather plump...more so than normal :) I'm still wearing my normal clothes but having to wear the bella band with some of my dress pants. I've been trying to walk a couple times a week. (Roxie enjoys it) I'm the sickness is over!!! If so, it wasn't near as bad as I had anticipated...I can say that now. ha Some days I think I can tell but my book says that is just b/c I need to go to the bathroom. bahaha Lastly the big thing these next few weeks are the zits on my face...WHOA NELLY..my hormones need to get under control so these can go away! And, still patiently awaiting my voluptuous boobies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment