Tuesday, June 15, 2010

24 weeks (2 days early)

Davis now weighs almost a pound and a half and around a foot long. During the remaining weeks of pregnancy, baby will gain about 6-7 pounds. His ears are now extremely sensitive to sounds outside the womb, and he can recognize my voice. His body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Me this week...Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 weeks Friday
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 11 lbs total
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing them and they are so much more comfy!
Best Moment this week: I love feeling him but seeing him move is even better! It is so neat.
Gender: It's A Boy
Movement: I LOVE IT!
Food Craving: sweets
What I miss: Sushi!!!! yum-o
Sleep: Like a rock
What I am looking forward to: His furniture coming in and finishing the nursery. Also, hubs agreeing on a middle name so the monogramming can begin :)
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Just getting bigger everyday. Seems like I've been a little more tired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment