Thursday, July 29, 2010

30 wks

Although Dr. C was referring to me as being 30 weeks last week I'm going to go on with my 30 week post this week...
Less than 9 weeks to go. (We are being induced at 39 weeks if we haven't already had him)
Baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from his face.
Me this week...Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 20 lbs total
Maternity Clothes: Of course
Best Moment this week: Stacey gave me a huge box of gently used clothes from when Weston was a baby...it felt like Christmas going through them!
Gender: It's A Boy...Davis Samuel Ehrhardt
Movement: I LOVE IT and love seeing it!
Food Craving: nothing crazy
What I miss: Sushi!!!! yum-o
Sleep: It's getting harder to get comfortable to fall asleep but I sleep hard once I'm there.
What I am looking forward to: So much to look forward to in the coming weeks. I have to say I am most excited about my first baby shower in 2 wks :)
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Leg Cramps, Braxton Hicks, and some swelling. This SC heat stinks...thank you Lord for giving man the brains to invent remote start...I could kiss the person who invented it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment