Thursday, July 22, 2010

29 wks

By now your baby weighs well over 2-1/2 pounds and most likely measures about 15 inches long. Your baby's hearing is so well developed by now that he will startle at loud noises. Soon he'll start turning his head to listen to sounds outside your body. He's beginning to store enough fat beneath his lovely pink skin that he may already have those baby dimples on his elbows and knees. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. As he runs out of room, your baby may bow his head down toward his knees, curling as he did when he was very tiny. He's long enough now that you'll notice his kicks more. (feels like non-stop esp at night) Forget those little fluttery motions. This feels more like someone is elbowing you for space on the subway! Play "guess that body part" with your partner as you try to distinguish a knee from a heel. (we've started this as well)
Me this week...Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 29 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 lbs total
Maternity Clothes: Of course
Best Moment this week:
Gender: It's A Boy...Davis Samuel Ehrhardt
Movement: I LOVE IT and love seeing it!
Food Craving: nothing crazy
What I miss: Sushi!!!! yum-o
Sleep: It's getting harder to get comfortable to fall asleep but I sleep hard once I'm there.
What I am looking forward to: So much to look forward to in the coming weeks. I have to say I am most excited about my first baby shower in 3 wks :)
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Leg Cramps, Braxton Hicks, and some swelling. But, it's not bad and I love being pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment