Less than 7 weeks to go (being induced at 39 wks)!!!
Your baby is just under 17 inches long from head to heel and weighs over 4 pounds (4lbs 1oz at appt last week). He will gain weight more quickly now and will probably double in weight between now and his birth. Just like a newborn, your baby sleeps most of the time. This week marks the peak of your baby's movements; from now until delivery he will have very little room to move around and you will probably notice a marked decrease in kicks, punches, and rolls.
Other developments this week:
* Nails. Baby will have completely formed fingernails and toenails.
* Head movement. He can turn his head from side to side.
* Organs continue to mature.
* Sucking. Your little one’s sucking muscles have matured and enable him to latch on and breastfeed once he arrives. A good sucking pattern is also a sign of good brain and muscle development. (We got to watch him practice his sucking during the ultrasound last week as well as his breathing :))
* Dreaming. Toward the end of the eighth month, he begins dreaming during sleep, according to brain scans. Due to his impressive brain development, his sleep will now include both REM and non-REM sleep stages. REM stands for "rapid eye movement," the dreaming stage of sleep.
Me this week...Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 32 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 20lbs at last appt
Maternity Clothes: Of course
Best Moment this week: We have a very exciting weekend...maternity pics on Friday and our first shower on Sunday. I am so pumped for this weekend :)
Gender: It's A Boy...Davis Samuel Ehrhardt
Movement: I LOVE IT and love seeing it but I'm pretty sure he's running out of room...
Food Craving: nothing crazy just food in general
What I miss: Sushi!!!! yum-o
Sleep: It's hard to get comfortable but I sleep good once I'm there....plus all of the bathroom breaks...yikes
What I am looking forward to: So much excitement in the coming weeks :)
Belly Button: In for now...
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, acne like a raging hormone 13 yr old and some swelling. But, it's all going to be worth it when I see him :)
Collegiate Clothes for Kids
1 day ago