Monday, August 30, 2010


Well we have been crazy busy since early Friday morning. We knew it was going to be a long weekend but didn't expect what started it off...
Friday morning on my way to work I was in a little accident. An 18wheeler ran into the back of me at a stop light on my way to work. After over an hour of sitting and finally making it in to work my mom insisted on me call Dr. C to see if I should come in. I felt 100% fine and told my mom she was being silly. However, I called Dr. C and she told me that to be on the safe side that I should report to Labor and Delivery and be monitored for a couple hours!!! My heart immediately dropped at the sound of Labor and Delivery...and I thought I was ready to hear those words. I hung up and immediately called B and he had the same response "what do you mean we need to report to Labor and Delivery???" SO we nervously made our way past the nursery of "new" babies and into L&D. We (I) was hooked up to 3 monitors and told they would be back in an hour or so to read my results. We watched my childhood fav Full House, a Baby Story and my belly (literally..he was going nuts w/ those monitors on my stomach) for about two hours, told everything was okay and released. PHEW what a relief! God was definitely watching over us. The whole time we were there we just kept talking about our "next" trip to TRMC and how exciting it would be to welcome Davis into the world with all of our loved ones there.
We then had to head to Cola for the weekend for Kemp and Erin's wedding festivities. We had a great time for one last hoorah with most of our close friends. There were preggos EVERYWHERE!! We were all comparing stories, registered items, nursery details, etc. (And can you believe I was the only prego having a boy?!? Davis is going to have his hands full.) I had a blast people watching...esp Sat night as it got later and the wine was pouring heavily :) We took tons of pics with everyone's cameras but my own. It was not wanting to cooperate for some reason. Hopefully paparazzi Sarah will send me some soon.
Sunday I had another crazy busy day...a baby shower for my cousin, a 31 party at Mindy's and ended the evening with supper celebrating Daddy's 54th bday.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm headed home to relax hopefully! SO glad we have a long weekend coming up :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that! I am so, so glad that you were ok and that it did not induce labor. Praise the Lord all was well! And glad you were able to have a fun weekend with friends! Sounds like you had a lot of bellies to celebrate too. :)