Tuesday, May 4, 2010

17 weeks

Baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and he's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. He is the size of an onion. He can move his joints, and his sweat glands are starting to develop. Baby is growing stronger by the day. He can touch his own face, and he may be looking for his thumb to suck. (He was sucking his thumb during the ultrasound yesterday...so sweet..btw I was a HUGE thumb sucker) He also has fingerprints now. His circulatory system and urinary tract are functioning, and he is inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid as he learns to breathe. Pink nipples are forming on his chest, and your baby has mammary glands even if she's a he. If you could see your baby, he'd look long and lanky, with legs not much bigger around than your thumb. Soon he'll start developing a layer of fat that will keep him warm after birth.
Me this week...Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5lbs, (I had gained 2lbs at my last appt)
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing them and they are so much more comfy!
Best Moment this week: Finding out the sex of baby E and feeling his "flutters"
Gender: It's A Boy - We THINK!!! haha
Movement: I started feeling "something" last week. After reading up and talking to some other mom's I discovered that "something" was def baby E and I can't wait for BJ to be able to feel him as well.
Food Craving: For some reason I've had this new passion for kid's cereals. I've always (well since probably high school) been one to eat the "better" cereals such as Special K Smart Start, shredded wheat, etc or even just went with granola and yogurt. NOW I'm loving Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles...the cereal isle at the grocery store takes a few minutes now. Other than those it just depends on the day...anywhere from a cheeseburger to Tom's Vinegar and Salt potato chips to just plain sweets. I know all of these things are horrible. Just b/c I crave them I don't always eat them.
What I miss: Sushi!!!! yum-o
Sleep: I sleep like a rock these days with the occasional trip to the bathroom.
What I am looking forward to: Another ultrasound in two weeks to confirm that baby E is a boy and feeling stronger kicks from baby E.
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Just extremely emotional. I don't know what it is but these past 2 weeks I can cry at the drop of a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment