Monday, October 18, 2010

Rough Day

Today my family lost a family member. She may have only been a 6lb Chihuahua but she has been a part of our family for 16 years. Cricket was a gift to me for my 10th birthday from my parents. She was a feisty little thing. She made it through some hard times but today she went to doggie heaven :( Everyone has been telling me for months that I needed to prepare myself for this day that it was coming. In fact just Saturday night we had the same conversation as she was sitting in BJ's lap snoring. It's just something you can't prepare yourself for. Some may say it's silly but us dog lovers understand. I'm so thankful that my parents gave us the opportunity of childhood animals.....it is such a special bond. From Precious to Cricket and now I can pass it on with Roxie and Davis.
Thanks for 16 wonderful years of memories Cricket!!

1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear about the loss of Cricket! Like Momma said...she really was a legend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete