Sunday, November 28, 2010


The Ehrhardt's-Thanksgiving 2010
Crazy Mama...

8 weeks old

I love how he's laughing at me...
Sorry I've been so slack but here it goes...
This year and every year we have so much to be thankful for. We are blessed beyond. We thank God everyday for all of our many blessings but most of all this year we are thankful for our 11+lb turkey. He brightens everyday when he stares at us with those big eyes and especially when he smiles at us. That being said...
We had an awesome week/weekend. Wednesday Davis and I had our date with the girls...he ate all of that attention up! He was a little fussy at first but after he had his bottle he was SO happy. He for the third time in a week only got up once that night. Thursday we got up and started cooking, hung out with Uncle Paul, watched the parade and headed to mom and dad's for lunch with the family. We had a great time hanging out with everyone and once again he enjoyed all of the attention (he may be a little rotten) we came home late afternoon and got him settled then a took a nap to get ready for my big shopping trip. Yes, I was one of those crazies who went shopping at 1am! I loved it, it just gets me in the Christmas spirit. Plus I got almost ALL of my shopping done. Which is good b/c we have a busy couple weeks coming up. I was a little sad about being away from my sweet boy for the first time though but I sucked it up. I came home let D stay with mom for a couple hours, took a 3 hour nap and B and I headed to pick out our Christmas tree. That night we had a few friends over to watch some football and hang out. Saturday we decorated our tree with all of my new stuff that I bought a few weeks back and then it happened....I did something to "trigger" my back and was in excruciating pain until 5:30 this morning when I finally gave in and let B take me to the ER. I've never been in so much pain in my life. I couldn't stand, sit or lay down. It all hurt. And walking...yeah it hurt to even put pressure on my feet. So mom came over to sit with d while we went to the er...a shot and some pain pills later and was feeling MUCH better...still in pain but nothing like it was. We have no idea what caused it or why it happened. The dr said it could have been from carrying him or delivery and something I did just aggravated it this weekend. Anyways..I've been on the couch since, taking the meds every four hours and hoping that I feel a lot better by the morning so that I can go to work and manage to take him with me. I really don't want to have to leave him AGAIN already.
Lastly, while I was what I thought dying of a slow painful death (ha-I laugh now but it wasn't even close to funny last night) my Gamecocks were kicking butt and taking names. Not only were they kicking butt and taking names but they were kicking the Clemson Tigers' butts-our rival...the battle of the state! I managed to watch it this morning after the er so that I could say I saw it. Now I really can't wait for the SEC Championship in ATL with my long as my back gets straight.
Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Back to work we go :(


  1. Hi Katie,

    I work with the University of South Carolina and always looking for blogs written by our recent graduates. I would like to feature yours on our social media sites and was wondering if you are on facebook and twitter. I would like to tag you if you are.



  2. Steve, I am on Facebook you can find me by Katie Ehrhardt.

  3. Thanks Katie. Your blog will be featured on our Y'ALL (Young Alumni Leaving a Legacy)facebook and twitter pages on 12/4/10.

    Thanks again!