Monday, January 25, 2010

UNO!

So the weekend didn't go as planned but still went well. Friday BJ found out he had to work 10hrs on Saturday so date night got cancelled...or should I say adjusted..Tina, Ashley H. and I decided to have dinner and a movie. We went to Carrabba's and to see It's Complicated. It was pretty good...funny! Saturday my plans to keep the boys were cancelled b/c of the horrible stomach virus that is going around. Trey, Mindy and Cole had it. I went to Payton's bball game that morning, then to see gma, then to pick up Turner. He was tired of being cooped up b/c everyone else in his house was sick. That night we ordered take out with my parents and TD and I took a surprise for the entertainment. One of my favorite past times includes my family playing Uno. We used to have so much fun. I decided it was time to teach Turner. Of course halfway through the game he decided he didn't want to play with Grandma anymore b/c she was losing...he needed to play with Duke (of course he was the one winning). We played for hours. Such a nice evening. Sunday we picked up Gma for church (she's feeling much better), went to lunch at Duke's BBQ (my Sunday fav), then BJ and I hit up Wal-Mart, Lowe's and stopped by Matt's new house. Last night I cooked lima beans, mac-n-cheese, grilled pork chops (hubs did the actual grilling) and a pound cake for BJ, Matt and I. It was my first experience with the cake and the actual cake part went well but not so much for the lemon glaze! What the crap is 4x sugar?!?! I guess I'll have to figure it out for next time.
Oh and was it sad that even though we had some previous gamecocks playing for the Vikings that I wanted the Saints to win for my bff Kim's sake?!?!?! BAHAHAHAHAHA
Later Taters...

1 comment:

  1. UNO! Definitely one of my favorite card games. I remember playing on Spring Break with you Court and the Ambers. When the time comes you will have to teach Turner those rules! Glad ya'll had a good weeekend!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete