Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bring on another...or 50 ;)

As previously stated we decided to celebrate our anniversary last weekend with a little getaway to Savannah. [Insert basket case mama here!] When deciding to take said getaway we decided that it would only be for one night being that this would be our first night away from babykins. Saturday morning we got up and ready and headed to my parent's house (who better to leave your kid with for the first time, right??) to drop D off. [Insert major crocodile tears here.] As soon as I started getting his stuff out of the car I lost it. I tried to dry it up but as soon as I handed him over to my dad the tears just started rolling down my face. I hugged him tight, kissed him bye and told BJ we needed to go right then. I cried for almost an hour. I'm serious, it was quite ridiculous. I told BJ that he just wouldn't understand b/c he hadn't been with him everyday for the past 20 months ( yes, I added in my pregnancy time). On the way we stopped by the outlets for some shopping. Of course we spent more on our munchkin than we did on ourselves but come on, baby gap little boy jeans SO.STINKIN.CUTE! When we finally made it to Savannah we decided to walk around downtown and see all of the neat little shops and restaurants. We ate, had drinks, talked, laughed, oohed and ahhed at all of the kids/babies that we saw and talked about our little man. We headed to check into the hotel and make dinner reservations, which never happened b/c a "little nap" turned into two hours and it was dinner time. We ended up eating at Chart House on River Street. We sat and talked for hours. It was so nice. After dinner we went to Savannah Smiles, the dueling piano bar. It was so much fun. It was really neat watching all of the bachelorette parties seeing how 3 years ago I was there celebrating my last "single" weekend. Sunday we took our time getting ready and headed to Bass Pro Shop and Target then made our way home to our sweet boy.
Today is our actual anniversary. Hubster cooked dinner and I made peach cobbler for dessert. It's been great!
Love Muffin if you are reading this I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed our anniversary trip. Even though it was really hard for me to leave Davis it was so nice to have that alone time with you. Now, we had quite the eventful year but it has been amazing. We were given the best gift ever..we became parents to the most adorable, sweetest little boy. I would be lying if I said it wasn't trying/crazy/etc. sometimes but you're always there when I'm having a "moment" and know when to step in. I always knew you would be a great dad but you have definitely exceeded my expectations! We've both grown so much this past year. We were both offered new jobs and after lots of prayer, took them. I can't wait to see what next year brings for our family. I could not be more grateful that God gave me you to share my life with.
I love you to the moon and back...(and yes I'll remember writing you this in the morning...HA)

**Will add pictures later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment